Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

November is the perfect month to express my gratitude for all that I have. And really, there is SO much to be thankful for. I don't mean to be cheesy, but in light of some of the challenges, struggles and losses that people close to me have gone through, I want to take time to reflect on the good.
 
So with that, here is my Thankful Thursday post.

For starters, I'm thankful for this crew:

{My family} I don't know what I ever did to deserve them, but they make me so happy. Life can be crazy, chaotic, messy, tiring, etc, but when I see them, I am reminded that they are worth it all. And God sure knew what he was doing when he created our kids. My Type A personality really appreciates the balance of two boys and two girls. Of course we would have been thrilled with any combination, but I'm just really grateful for the hand we were dealt. Brothers and sisters. <3



{Our house} I'm thankful for our home. I really, really, really love it. We've lived here 6 years and although there are things I'm hoping to update soon (ahem, the kitchen...did you catch that, hubby??), I couldn't be happier to live where we do. We have a great yard for the kids to run around, a fantastic neighborhood and neighbors, a school that we absolutely LOVE (that is next door) and a home that feels cozy, warm and loved by our family.



{Friends} Not sure how I'd get through life without them. Some of them I've had since Kindergarten and others have come into my life in the past few years. I'm grateful for every one of them. The phone calls, the texts, the messages, the laughs, the food, the sleepovers and the fun. Life is better with good friends and I don't take that for granted, at all.

 
These are a few of my favorite ladies on a girls' weekend in October.

 
{Sunday night dinners} Since my parents moved back to our town, we've gotten back into the habit of having Sunday night dinners together. This is something I've missed dearly, since they moved away 5 years ago. I can't tell you how much I look forward to them and I'm pretty sure my kids love it more than I do. Getting together, with the people we love, to eat, fellowship and relax is one of my very favorite times of the week.



{A church family} We've been attending the same church for the past 6 years and it just feels like home. Sunday mornings aren't the same without church. We leave there feel rejuvenated and recharged for the week. Excited about what Jesus is doing in us and through us. I feel very connected to my MOPS girls and the relationships I've developed there. Our kids have connected through Awana and their Sunday School classes. Having a good church family is such an important part of our lives.

{My job} There are days when I'd give nothing more than to stay home with my kids. But, being able to have the lifestyle we do, requires that I work part-time. I am thankful for a job I love, teaching high school students and feeling like I'm able to make a difference, while still having time at home, is the perfect balance for me. I can honestly say that most days, I look forward to spending time with my students and it makes me even more appreciative of my children while I'm gone.


Which leads me to my final thankful post (although there are 41794729 more I can think of).....

{Our nanny} For real. She's amazing. There are very few people who can be in my home every day and it just feels like she's one of us. My children adore her and I know the feeling is mutual. When she comes in the door each morning, she's greeted by hugs and slobbery kisses. She fills the role of "mom" while I'm not there and probably does a better job than me. Getting kids off to school, taking girls to toddler gym, doing laundry, picking up, playing with kids, putting them down for naps and managing to make it look so easy. I cannot tell you what a blessing and relief this is, as a mom. Heading off to work can be scary, but she makes it easy. I am SO grateful for her!!! She's the best.


I'd encourage you to take some time to reflect on what you are thankful for this month. And even more than that, TELL people you are thankful for them. It's amazing how a few words can go such a long way.
 
One of my students wrote me the sweetest card yesterday. It probably took her 2 minutes, but the impact that she had on me, was far lasting. I am making it a goal to be more intentional about thanking the people in my life who are making me a better person. And I hope you do to!!

This post is linked up with Joey and Kristin. Check them out!


2 comments: