Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh boy am I thankful. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am, because I know I've been blessed beyond words.

My greatest blessings come from these five. They make my life complete, they've given me a purpose and motivate me to be the best that I can be. I love my husband and my four kids, more than I can explain in words. Being a wife and a mom is all I've ever wanted. I feel fulfilled and inspired. Don't get me wrong, I love being a teacher, too, but my greatest accomplishment is raising a family.
 
 
 
In a previous post, I mentioned my thankfulness for my parents. I'm also so thankful for my siblings and my nephews. I'm saving an entire post for those two little boys who have my heart, but I am certainly thankful for them today. Being an auntie is almost as good as being a mom. My sister has been by my side through everything and I don't think there has been even one day that we haven't talked on the phone, or a week where we haven't seen each other multiple times. I pray that my girls have the same relationship that we have had, over the years. I know she loves our kids like her own...and most of the time, I think my kids would prefer to spend time at her house, rather than ours! She spoils them like crazy!! And my brother, even though he's in a different stage in his life, has been a source of support for us. Spending a weekend in Disneyland with him, at the end of the September was a huge blessing. I know he loves our kids and I'm so thankful for that. He's not above a pink Minnie backpack and a double BoB stroller....rolling like a real uncle! ;-)
 
 



 
Finally, I'm thankful for our "village". Raising four young children with a busy husband, means relying on people to help with our kids. Whether it's coaches who offer to drive our kids to practice and games, neighbors who babysit or help with carpooling, friends who run errands or offer childcare and teachers who provide extra loving care when our kiddos need it. We are thankful for all of them. I might lose my mind, especially during football season, if it wasn't for the love, compassion and care that people in our community have shown to our family.
 
I am thankful for this blog and the ability to share what is on my heart. Taking a leap and writing publicly is nerve-wracking, but I have been received with warmth and encouragement. Thank YOU for reading!
 
I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day, celebrating with the people you love most!!!
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment