Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Grief

I sat down to write a blog post today, and I honestly don't know how to do it. Writing anything on here seems so trivial and frivolous compared to what others are going through right now. Yesterday, our community lost a young mother, wife, beloved teacher, friend, and coach, to lung cancer. It was sudden and tragic and hurts my heart to even write about it.

She leaves behind grieving hearts, including her 7 and 10 year old children, who will never grow up with their mom. It just seems so unfair.
 
In the same 24 hours, however, a friend of mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, after tragically losing her last baby at 38 weeks pregnant. This is a reminder to me that God is faithful and good, all the time. We may not understand the reason, but we have to trust in His way.
 
I take comfort knowing that Sarah and all others who suffered here on Earth, are now living pain free in heaven.



If you would please pray for both families as they navigate grief, and rejoice in salvation.

The lesson that I've taken from these situations is to never take a single moment for granted. Cherish loved ones and live each day as if it is your last. There are no guarantees in life and I can promise that tonight I held my babies a little tighter. Because who knows what tomorrow brings....


1 comment:

  1. Sooo sorry to hear of this loss. It brings tears to my eyes just reading about it. Life is precious and we often take it for granted. Prayers to the family.

    -Claire
    www.fashionandfeathers.com

    ReplyDelete