Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Favorites: Thanksgiving!

www.momfessionals.com
 
It's fitting that my Friday favorite would be the Thanksgiving holiday. I love everything about it. It's relaxing, stress-free (unless you are the one making the meal) and an opportunity to hang out together and enjoy a meal. There are no pressures and no expectations...and I just love it! There is something hypnotizing about walking into a warm house that smells like a Thanksgiving meal. I'm serious, it's my favorite.
 
I've been waiting to put my girls in these absolutely adorable dresses that they got as a gift about a year ago. Figured I'd try and take a couple pictures of them before we head out, but they aren't exactly cooperative for pictures these days, so I've learned to take what I can get. #toddlerproblems
 
**As a side note, Molly has a horrible rash around her mouth that we finally just got a referral for, after unsuccessfully trying three different creams (for eczema, impetigo and fungus). After seeing a dermatologist, she was diagnosed with a skin condition that starts with a P...seriously, can't remember the name of it! Shoot! Anyway, it's fairly rare, there is no known cause. Great. And, because she's a child, they can't use the oral antibiotics they'd normally use on a n adult. So, they gave us a prescription face wash, to the tune of $129 for a tube, thank you, insurance, and told me it could take up to 2 weeks before we see a difference. So far, it's still really red and nasty, but we are hopeful! Even cetaphil, aquaphor and several of the doTerra oils didn't touch it. Poor girl. We are going on 2 months of this rash! Please pray for a full recovery.
 
I digress....here are a couple of my favorites from the front porch photo sesh. =)



After the pics, we loaded up the kids and headed to my parents house for Thanksgiving. Normally, we do an early dinner with my family and then a later dinner/dessert with Adam's family, but they had other plans this year, so we stuck with one house. It felt a little weird changing our routine and our kids were really disappointed to miss out on the other side of the family, but I know that's part of life and balancing everyone's schedules. Hopefully, we'll return to normal for next year. ;-)

 
Papa loves his grandbabies and I sure love my two cute nephews!!

 
So fun to have a cousin the exact same age. And I can hardly believe they are about to turn THREE!!!! Wahhhh!!!??



 
 
Not gonna lie, I changed this picture to black and white because our colors did NOT coordinate. My OCD personality couldn't handle the mis-match, so the black & white made me breathe easier. ;-) #nerdalert

 
 
These 4 sweet faces are the best.

 
 
 
The 6 cousins. Not possible that I could love them any more than I do.

 
From here on out, I'm going to apologize for the quality of my picture taking skills. I snapped a couple random ones and then didn't pick my camera back up until dinner was over. Trust me, it was amazing. My parents spoiled us with the most incredible dinner and I know they worked really hard on it. It was so nice to be able to play with the kids and be attentive to them without worrying about cooking and hosting a large meal.
 

 
Master turkey carver
 

 
Noah (my brother-in-law) was a master potato masher. Yes, that pot was full of potatoes...for 6 adults and 6 children. Can you say, leftovers?!?!

 
It's safe to say that my kids were in heaven. I have friends who's kids don't like to eat. Mine have never had that problem. We are definitely eaters around here! ;-)

 
 
 
Some years, we've done really pretty place settings with candles and other décor. This year, we kept it simple and kept the food on the counter, so little hands couldn't get in the way or knock things over.





Post-dinner, the kids begged to go swimming, so we made a deal...grandma and papa go out with the kids and the rest of us did all of the clean up. Worked perfectly! They have a hot tub and a pool (it's one of the swim spas with a current where you can swim in place). They turned the pool up to 89 and kept the hot tub at 99, so it was perfect for the kids to stay in for a loooooong time!



My boys stayed in for 90 minutes until it was pitch black outside. Thankfully, the dining room window opens right to the pool, so we could sit inside and watch without getting cold.
 

 
Adam and our sweet nephew, Drew, were on pool watching duty. It's a rough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

 
My parents just moved in a month ago, but the plan is for my dad to build a deck around the hot tub and pool once the weather warms up. For now, it's just some wood planks providing a walk way. When it's not cloudy, that entire view is Mt Rainier. Not too shabby.



Brylie sure loves her papa! We forgot her swimsuit--don't worry she was in a swim diaper--so she swam topless. Ha!
 


Even with the mountain hidden behind clouds, it was still an incredible view.
 

And one last picture because Jake wanted me to take a picture of him doing a handstand. Nice.

 
And with that, I hope you enjoyed your day with friends and family. We are heading to Hawaii soon, so it's time for me to kick it into high gear and start eating more healthfully. Ready, set, go!



No comments:

Post a Comment