Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend review & my favorite things under $10


You ever have one of those weekends where you look back and can't remember anything you did? Yep, well, that was me. In fact, if it wasn't for my phone pics to remind me, I'd say I did just about nothing.
 
Friday, I met my sister and her boys at the pumpkin patch. Trying to fit in as many pumpkin patches as we can before the season is over, has been a challenge! C'mon weather, cooperate!!! I'm still going to try one more this week. Pray for no rain!!
 
 
 


 
Friday night, the hubs had to scout a football game, which left me home with all of the kids. We rented a movie (Puss in Boots), ate pizza and popcorn on the couch and went to bed early. It was glorious.
 
Saturday was another lazy day with just a soccer game. Lots of clothing projects around the house....sorting, organizing, labeling and storing. In fact, I've got such a system down, that I'm planning to do a blog post soon!
 
Later in the evening, Adam and Jake headed to the Husky football game, so I took the other three over to my parents' house to hang out for a bit. They literally JUST moved in, and are still in the process of unpacking, but it's so nice to have them close. I made a brownie cake for our church auction and the kids ran around and had a great time with their cousins.


Brylie loves her papa. SO much.
 
 

 
This picture cracks me up. Maybe one of those you had to be theres. My parents new fridge has an auto fill feature where it senses the size of the cup and will automatically fill it with the correct amount of water. Amazing, really. And, the kids are fascinated. They fight over who gets to stick their cup in first and then watch in disbelief as the water quickly comes to a stop at the top of their cup, squealing with excitement.
 
Wild and crazy Saturday night, I tell ya! ;-)


 
This is the brownie cake that I started at my parents' house. Bless my mom's heart. I ended up leaving it undecorated with the plans to come over before church the next morning, and finish it. Well, two of my kids got sick in the middle of the night, so we didn't end up going to church. Not only did my mom decorate it, my dad hand delivered it to our house so I wouldn't have to drive over and pick it up! I heard it earned quite a bit of money at the church auction last night! Can't wait to hear the totals!!!

 
Meanwhile, my oldest son was taunting the Arizona State Sun Devil at the stadium and flashing his "dubs" sign. Typical.
 
They endured a 7:45pm start time, along with high winds and rain. True fans right there.
 
While they were enjoying the game, I was cleaning up puke. And lots of it. Oh the joys of parenting. Brett and Brylie both got sick in the middle of the night and because Adam and Jake were gone, until 1am, I was on my own.
 
SO NOT FUN.
 

 
Needless to say, this is what our Sunday looked like. No church, no plans. Just rest and relaxation. I have to say, kids seem to recover much quicker than adults. Both Brett & Brylie were running around and playing, as if nothing had phased them in the middle of the night. I, however, felt like I'd been hit by a train and needed to sleep an extra 10 hours or so.


I put the B's in the bathtub while I was sorting and boxing clothes. They spent over an hour in there and literally, the tub was freezing cold when I pulled them out. This picture was not staged, I just happen to catch them at the perfect time. Love how much they love eachother!
 
 
And, finally, our Sunday night looked a lot like this. We were still in our jammies, we laid around on the couch allll day, (watching the Seahawks squeak out a win) and all night. My kids are lucky to have this guy as their day. He's the best. For real.


 
And more of this before we all headed to bed. Praying that the tummy bug doesn't strike anyone else! This is the final week of the regular season for football and then it's on to post-season play. We've got to be healthy!!!
 
And one last thing before this random post is over. Are you ready for it to be over? I'm linking up with these ladies for a fun post about my favorite things under $10.
 
www.tabanderika.blogspot.com
 
 
 
Um, I have 23479327 of them! How do I choose? I guess I'll start with the obvious.....

Starbucks!



I used to be a PSL girl, but in an effort to be a bit healthier and more frugal, I've fallen in love with the Pumpkin Spice Americano. I don't think I could go back to the PSL if I tried! So good! And less than $4!!!
 
 
Another favorite is this lip balm.
 
 
 
At this time of year, the weather makes my lips chapped and I like to have something to apply that has just a little tint of shimmer and color. For less than $4 it's a bargain in my book.
 
 
And finally, I'll go with this Essie nail polish--"Powerful Peacock Teal"
 
 
 
A great fall color! And one of my very favorite brands. I think I paid around $7 for it, so well under my limit! And I'm loving dark teal for this time of year. ;-)
 
Happy Monday and Happy Fall!!!
 
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. love the dark teal polish! hope your kiddos are better & noone else gets sick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Danielle! My hubby got it, but somehow I've managed to steer clear!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. My favorite "favorite thing" was Pampered Chef's mini spatula! Everyone wanted it and it's only $8.00!

    ReplyDelete