Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My September goals

I will be starting each month off with a list of my goals. For one, I absolutely love making lists! I'm totally that girl who will write a list, half way through a day or project, just so I can check things off. Especially in my classroom! I feel so accomplished and motivated, if I'm well on my way to accomplishing a goal.
 
Reason #2 that I'm writing out my goals for all the world to see.....
 
 
I found this on Pinterest, and believe it to be true! So without further ado...my September goals!
 
1. Keep up with my Fall Into Focus: September Cleaning Challenge. I really want my house to stay clean during this busy time of year. It helps my sanity, makes me feel more organized and clear headed to accomplish tasks throughout the day, and develops good habits!
 
2. Paint our upstairs "kid" bathroom. It's the only room in our entire house that hasn't been painted and I have no excuse. I bought the paint last May. Oops! I'd love to get that bathroom finished and decorated, too. But, for now, I'll settle for throwing some paint up on the walls.
 
3. Cook dinner at least 4 nights a week. Fall, especially September, is one of our busiest months of the year. Instead of going out or picking up take-out, which can be an easy habit to slip into, I really want to cook! The crockpot will soon become my best friend, and I'm okay with that!
 
4. Workout at least 3 days a week, in addition to the 2 days a week with my classes. This is really important to me! I want to be a good example for my kids and although it's not always convenient, I will be making myself head to the gym or out on a run. Even if it means pushing a double stroller or paying to check my kids into the childcare. I'm a better mom when I work out regularly.
 
5. Spend one on one time with my kids as much as possible. I'm stretched really thin during football season, but my kids all thrive when it's just me. I'm going to take advantage of the time when I'm home with the girls before the boys get home from school. I'm also going to use the time after the girls are in bed, to spend time with just my boys. It's important to me.
 
6. Decorate my fireplace mantel for fall. This is tricky and I may need your input. Project and pics coming soon!
 
So for now, I'm off to a 1/2 of teacher prep and meetings, getting ready for our first day of school, tomorrow!!! I can't believe my boys will be 1st and 3rd graders! Just crazy!
 
I'd love to hear about some of your goals for the month!! Accountability, people!!


{This post is linked up with Andrea from Momfessionals. Check her out!}


2 comments:

  1. I love lists! I always add things to my list that I did, that weren't on the list, just so I could cross them off! My plan is to complete my craft room this Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we are kindred spirits! 😉 And how fun! A craft room?!

      Delete