Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First day of school {2014}

I feel like we might have been the last district on the planet to start school. But, now that it's here, I can't believe how quickly our summer went!! And furthermore, I cannot believe I have a 1st and 3rd grader!!!



 
They had a great day of school and are ready to go back tomorrow, so I'll take that as a good sign! Me, on the otherhand.....I'm exhausted!! Absolutely, positively, tired! I don't know what it is about having to get out of the house and off to work, but I AM BEAT!!!
 
I made them pose for a few pictures in the front yard after school. They were SO over pictures, but humored me for a bit. Well, really, Jake humored me and Brett cried. Until I bribed him with a game of Monopoly. Then he sort of smiled along.
 



 
 
In other news....
 
tonight, we started a new tradition of making "Green Eggs and Ham" for dinner on the first night of school. I've wanted to find a traditional dinner, but we've never settled on anything. But how fitting to have this, in celebration of Dr Seuss and back-to-school?! I didn't have any ham on hand, so we did turkey bacon instead, but the kids didn't know the difference!
 
I made scrambled eggs and once they were almost done, I mixed in spinach, shredded cheese and green food coloring. Cooked on medium high heat for a few minutes until spinach was cooked and cheese melted. Rolled it all up in a tortilla and sprinkled diced avocado on top. It was delicious. We all gobbled it up.


And finally....
 
how's that cleaning challenge going?! This is probably the craziest week, so I'm having a hard time tackling any of the deep cleaning or monthly tasks yet, but I haven't missed a daily challenge. Go me.
 
Several of you have asked about getting the printable form so you can make changes. If you shoot me an email at familiarjoy@yahoo (dot) com, I'd be happy to send it to you. If you make any modifications and post it, please leave the logo on top. =)
 
Have a great first week of school!
Or second or third...or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment