Monday, September 1, 2014

A new month, a new season!

I'm not sure I've ever been SO ready for fall! This was one of the most beautiful summers on record, but it was hot! And we don't have a/c at our house. Those of you who aren't from WA are probably thinking we are crazy, but really, it's more common to NOT have a/c than it is to have it, around here! We did have a portable unit downstairs that kept our house fairly cool, but upstairs, especially at night, has been unbearable. So, with that said, I'm ready for cooler evenings, sweatpants, fires, football, crockpot soups and being cozy. Just the thought of that makes me giddy!
 
But first, we had to celebrate today. A very special day in our family.
 
 
 
 
That's right. My dearest, most favorite husband, turned THIRTY SEVEN. I mean, wow, when did we he get so old?!?!
 
Because his afternoon was full of football practice. What's new? We had a fun morning together, drinking coffee, eating donuts and being lazy. Exactly what he requested.
 
For fun, I had Molly do a survey about her daddy, and this is what she came up with. I thought these responses would be fun to look at in later years. Try them out for any birthday, mother's day/father's day, etc. It would be fun to frame them and give them as gifts, too!
 
ALL ABOUT MY DADDY
By Molly, Age 2
 
My daddy's name is dad
 
He is 29 feet tall
 
He weighs 1 pound
 
He is 4 years old
 
His hair color is black
 
His eyes are blue
 
His favorite TV show is football
 
He likes to play with me
 
His favorite food is corn-on-the-cob
 
His favorite drink is coke
 
For fun he likes to eat donuts
 
Home is where my daddy plays princesses with me
 
My favorite thing about daddy is that I love him
 
These responses crack me up! Coke? Adam doesn't even drink coke, so I'm not sure where she got that. Silly girl! Fun hearing from a 2-year old's perspective.
 
In other news, today was the first day of the "Fall Into Focus" September cleaning challenge. It's not too late to join in the fun! I got my daily routines done. Here's proof of my made bed. You'll just have to trust me on the rest. ;-) I also changed out my Scentsy warmers to fall scents and my house is smelling amazing.
 

 
 
This week I'm scrubbing down and deep cleaning my kitchen. Because we were celebrating a birthday (and we had a fun BBQ this afternoon) I chose not to start those until tomorrow. Follow along on Instagram to see my daily updates! And don't forget to tag pictures of your progress, too!
 
Oh, and one last thing! Chef Brett is cooking up something yummy in the kitchen....stay tuned! 




No comments:

Post a Comment