Friday, August 15, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

Why does my Stitch Fix delivery feel like Christmas morning?!? Ha! I got the email that my box was out for delivery, yesterday afternoon, and decided to set up post in front of our window, watching for the UPS guy to deliver my box. And when he did, I couldn't rip it open fast enough!
 
I'm going to show you the five items that I got, and then I'll let you know what I decided to keep! Remember, last time, I kept it all. I had my fingers crossed that I'd love it all again, because you can't beat a 25% off discount.

Item #1: Margaret M Straight Leg Jeans.

They are a dark mustard yellow and I absolutely love them! They totally remind me of maternity jeans because they have an elastic waistband. Um, yes please! They are comfortable, stretchy and very high quality. I wouldn't have picked this color out on my own, but I was surprised how quickly they grew on me. I think they will be perfect for all seasons. I've already been envisioning them for our fall family pictures. Paired with a jean jacket, scarf or some other cozy layers.

Item #2: Pomelo Missy Polka Dot Tab-Sleeve Blouse

Another win! It's black with gold polka dots and I love the fit. I think it will be great for teaching and can be played down with jeans on the weekend. I think it will be cute with red skinny jeans, or even a pencil skirt. Tucked in or out. Super cute all around!


 
 
 
Item #3: 19 Copper Cathleen Print Tulip-Sleeve Blouse
 
I've got to be honest, this was the first item that I've pulled out of a box and not loved. I had a sinking feeling because I saw my dreams of a 25% off discount, flying out the window. The print, up close, looks almost like a cheetah print and it's multi-colored. I didn't hate that part, but there was nothing that really grabbed me about it. The tulip sleeves reminded me of the 80's when shoulder pads were in. And, the overall look was similar to a scrub top you'd see on someone in the medical field. I did pair it with the jean jacket, and it was fine. But, these items aren't cheap, so I didn't want to keep it if I didn't absolutely love it. And so I passed. Begrudgingly. 


 
 
 
Item #4: Liverpool Jalie Denim Jacket.
 
Yes, yes, yes. I couldn't believe it! I have been on the hunt for a new jean jacket. I currently have 2, but one is too tight and one is too short and baggy. This jacket fit just right. It's a stretchy material, but heavy and comfortable. It seems to fit well in all the right spots and feels very well made. I was thrilled to find it in my box and know that it will be a staple item in my closet. For sure!
 
 
 
Item 5: Pomelo Harriet Chevron Print Detail Dress
 
This item was the one that pained me the most. I really, really loved it when I first pulled it out of the box. I'd specifically asked my stylist for a dress that I could wear to work, so I thought this was it. However, once I put it on, the sad reality hit me....it was not workplace appropriate and was waaaay too tight through the chest. Interestingly, it fit well everywhere else. I thought about emailing to see if they could send me a medium, but honestly, I just think it's not made for my body type. I think a medium would have been too big through the hips and appeared baggy. Because I was returning one of the blouses, I didn't feel so bad about returning this one, too. It is really, really cute, but based on the fact that I wouldn't get a lot of use out of it (besides summer) and the fact that the fit wasn't great, I had to give it back.
 
 
So there you have it. 3 out of 5 isn't bad. I provided my stylist a TON of feedback this time around and am hopeful that I'll get another perfect box. It was still a lot of fun and I'm confident that the 3 items I'm keeping will be ones that are worn often.
 
Remember, if you want to try it out, click HERE! What have you got to lose?? a $20 styling fee is applied towards the cost of any item you keep and there is always free shipping and free returns. Just do it!!!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment