Friday, August 15, 2014

Fashion Friday

Every year, when August rolls around, I take that as my cue that it's time to start thinking about school clothes shopping. You're welcome, honey. I mean, really, it's all about planning ahead and finding great deals. Nothing makes me more giddy than discovering that one of my favorite brands has been marked down to clearance prices!! It's actually rare if I'm willing to pay full price on any item! That's why I love me some Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and I fully take advantage of "Back to School Sales" at my other favorite places to shop. Just yesterday, my sister and I did some damage at H & M and the Nike Outlet. Did you know that teachers and students get a 15% discount at H & M?? That's like free tax, folks!! Go, go, go!!
 
Here are some of the back to school items I've purchased in the last couple weeks.
 
I'm still on the hunt for a cute, and not overly priced, pair of booties to wear with jeans this fall. Let me know if you've found some you love!
 
And don't forget to check out Stitch Fix if you don't have time to get out on your own....or if you are like me and tend to get in a shopping rut. I have a stripe obsession and my closet is full of entirely too many of them! It pained my heart to send a message to my stylist, letting her know that I can't do more stripes. As much as I want and love them, they've taken over.
 
So, until my next shopping outing....happy clothes hunting!

 
This frenchi tank has got to be one of my favorite purchases. Found it at Nordstrom and bought it to wear under the sweater, pictured below. When I got it home, I realized just how much I loved it and how versatile it is! I've been wearing it over a blank tank and my light-wash jean shorts (with gold jewelry), this summer. I'm thinking jeans will be perfect for fall and then adding the sweater for winter. I'm contemplating getting at least one more of these, in another color. That's how much I seriously love it. For size reference, this is a small. If you act quickly, there were a few colors at 40% off! That's only $16.80!!
 

 
This B.P. grunge cardigan was another anniversary sale purchase and I think it will be perfect for late fall and winter. I bought the plum tank to wear with it, but it could be worn with any color. I really like the bright color pop against the black, grey and white....thinking green or teal might be great, too! If I'm feeling adventurous, I could even pair with a print. It makes me nervous, but just maybe, I'll try it!
 
And let me tell you about my obsession with these Wit & Wisdom jeans (shown in all of the pics). They are awesome! I have a thing for skinny jeans right now, but couldn't ever find the right grey. Until now. They are versatile, comfortable, stretchy (holla!), and can be dressed up or down, depending on the top. Even if you can't get them on sale, I'm telling you, they are reasonably priced and worth every penny!
 
 

 
Ooooooh, Zella. How I love thee! There isn't much to add. These jackets (and this brand, in general) are so well made. It's a piece that you'll buy and wear 2-3 times a week. Or, ahem.....more....if you are anything like me. ;-) It comes in a few different colors. I was torn between this one and the coral/orange. Can't go wrong, either way! Click HERE to order.
  This is a small. I could have done medium, for a not-so-fitted look.



My final anniversary sale purchase was this mauve crochet top. I bought it in a medium, but after looking at these pictures, I may go and exchange for a small. Sorry about the wrinkles! I hadn't pulled it out of the bag yet and didn't feel like ironing. Trust me, when it's not wrinkled, it's super cute. I may wear with black skinnies and heels for school, and then jeans around the house or on weekends. And it's super comfortable! Almost feels like I'm in pajamas. The crochet detail at the bottom is fun, and I feel like this would be flattering on a lot of different body types. And now that I look at the fit on the model (see link), I'm definitely exchanging for a small!

Join me each Friday for some new looks. Trust me, I won't have new clothes to share every Friday. I might have to get a new job to afford that habit. But, I do have a bunch of cute stuff in my closet and am always willing to share my favorite combinations and bargains.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment