Friday, August 29, 2014

Fashion Friday: Get Pin-spired!

 
 
If you are anything like me, shopping for clothes is fun and easy, but actually putting together outfits is where I get stuck. I tend to take the safe route and have a hard time pairing different things together, or taking risks.
 
This is where Pinterest comes in handy! I have a "Style" board full of great ideas, but I rarely use it for inspiration. Until now. I took 3 outfits that I have pinned, search through my closet, and was able to re-create the same type of looks.
 
Now if only I could get the same body as Kristin Cavallari!! Ha.
 
Pinterest Look #1:
 
 
My re-creation. I've had this cable knit sweater forever, and I struggle to find things to pair it with. Usually I just stick on a pair of skinny jeans and tall boots. I never thought to pair with black leggings, but I'm really liking this look. And who would have thought that a white tank (from Romy) under a crème sweater was okay?! The flats are Jessica Simpson brand, and my bag is a gift from my sister. This is a great "going out for the weekend" look and it's really comfortable. I think it will be a perfect fall transition look, too.
 
 
 
Pinterest Look #2
 
 
My re-creation. When I saw this on Pinterest, I knew this would be easy for me to copy. I have an affinity for grey shirts. Like, um, maybe an obsession. This one is an Old Navy Vintage Style and super cozy. One of my favorites for lounging around the house. I paired with the same leggings from above and my tall boots from Macy's (purchased last fall). A crème colored cashmere scarf completed the look and I love it! This is totally my style, super easy and I feel like it takes a plain look and kicks it up a notch. I'm thinking I need a gold chunky watch and some cute pearl earrings, too.
 
 
 
 
Pinterest Look #3
 
 
My re-created look. It's funny how all three of the looks I chose, incorporated the black leggings. Just goes to show how versatile an item like that can be in your closet. My favorite ones are from H & M. I have a chambray shirt, but really, if I could replace a staple item in my closet, this would be it. Mine is a little bit short and boxy and I'm not loving the wash. But until I get another one, this will have to do. I added one of my favorite scarfs (I got it as a gift and am not sure where it's from), but the outfit is so versatile that any scarf would work! I left my boots and long white tank on, so it was an easy switch from the other look.
 
 
I'm linking up with three other mamas this week: Mix & Match Mama, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo.
 
Now, go, find some inspiration from Pinterest! I promise, it's easier than it looks!!!
 
Happy Friday!
 




13 comments:

  1. Love all 3 looks you created! That sweater/legging combo with the boots looks sooo comfy! And the chambray. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tiffany! I'm all about comfy these days!

      Delete
  2. Love all the looks you recreated! I think I have all of those pinned as well for when Fall finally arrives here in Ohio :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are great, classic looks that most of us have in our closets, already...which is nice! Hope you have a great weekend, too. =)

      Delete
  3. Well you know the leggings and denim shirt look is my favorite!!! You look great! Thanks for linking up! xoxo, Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm on the hunt for a new denim shirt, so I'm hoping you feature one on your blog soon, that will inspire a new purchase! 😉

      Delete
  4. These looks are all so cute!! I love finding ways to incorporate leggings and boots into fun new outfits! Your scarves are all so precious and I love the cable knit sweater, too. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. I love all these looks with leggings! Your scarves are so cozy-looking and that cable knit sweater is so classic!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these outfits look so cozy and have me thinking of fall! My favorite is #2 with the gray sweater, neutral scarf and boots! Enjoy the weekend!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jill! I'm more ready for fall than I've ever been! Hope you have a great weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pinspirations. I think I have all of these in my closet too!

    ReplyDelete